I was tagged by the amazing Lee @ Darkestwings Reads!!
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let them know you’ve nominated them!
Do you have any pets?
I have a 13 year old goblin cat named Mia who I love very much.
What is your favorite thing about winter?
I love all the cozy vibes and warm beverages and the fact that you can shamelessly layer up with sweaters and no one can judge you.
What was the last book you read?
I most recently finished Brokeback Mountain which I guess is technically a short story. The last book I read was The Boneless Mercies.
Talk about a fictional character who inspires you.
So many of Tolkien’s characters inspire me. For example: Frodo because he is forced down a dangerous path on a mission he didn’t ask for and still he does his best and perseveres for the sake of countless lives besides his own. And Sam of course, because he is an amazing friend to the very end and he believes that there is good in the world worth fighting for.
What is your number one pet peeve?
People who are rude to retail workers.
What is something you are proud of?
I’m proud that I was able to read double what my Goodreads goal was. I’m looking forward to really pushing myself even further in 2019.
Share some good advice you have received.
Don’t set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
What is the last thing you bought (not counting groceries)?
I bought myself Where the Crawdads Sing and Little Fires Everywhere for Christmas.
Share the most useless piece of trivia you know.
The plague responsible for the infamous Black Death in the Middle Ages was caused by a bacteria called Yersinia Pestis spread by oriental rat fleas.
What was your first job?
The first job I got paid for was working at a tanning salon. I stayed there for five years and just quit recently, which was honestly a long time coming. I’m much happier and more fulfilled at my new job.
What rating system do you use for books?
I’m still working on a system that works best for me at the moment. For now it goes like this:
5 stars: I LOVED this book, it was memorable, and I see myself rereading it!
4 stars: I really liked this book and might be interested in rereading it.
3 stars: It was good but probably not very memorable and it’s unlikely I’ll read it again.
2 stars: I didn’t like this book except for maybe one or two redeeming qualities.
1 star: I didn’t like this book AT ALL.
- What is your favorite musical album?
- What’s a movie that ended up being better than (or at least as good as) the book?
- What would be the title of your memoir?
- What type of animal do you think would be your daemon or patronus?
- Favorite fictional trope?
- Give your favorite fictional character a theme song!
- Best advice you’ve ever found in a book?
- What would you say to your younger self?
- What are you most looking forward to in 2019?
- How do you decide what to read next?
- What was the best book you read in 2018?
Elizabeth @literarylizard || Ash @bookwormmuse || Bibliomaniac @bebibliomaniac || Joanna @thegeekishbrunette || @classyxbookreviews || Sarah June @sarahjuneblog || Savannah @msliterary || Wendy @suburbiareads || Kristina @thepinkbibliophile || Amy and Eleanor @afangirlsopinion || Jess and Teagan @fictionnochaser